Rooster Strategic Solutions, LLC, is a boutique consultancy focused on agriculture marketing strategy. We work with a number of large ag advertisers, publications, retailers and farmers to help our clients meet their strategic goals.
Want to join our team? Check out our current openings.
Josh is a consultant and marketer specializing in agricultural issues, production, policy and sustainability.
- Helping clients be competitive & successful.
- Developing products & tools that engage.
- Working with clients to use data to fuel strategy.
- Anticipatory Thinking/Flash Foresight
Human Resources, Accounts Payable
Bethany has a diverse set of business skills and has worked in a variety of settings.
- Experienced Human Resources Generalist
- Passionate about providing support to staff
- Dedicated to assisting the efforts of the Rooster Team
Kara is a writer with ample experience helping agriculture brands define and articulate their products and purposes.
- Digs to get to the most real, core message.
- Offers multiple creative angles to reach audiences.
- Passionate about sharing industry stories
Accounting veteran Sheryl Andrews joins Rooster as finance manager and brings 30 years of experience – 15 of them in agriculture – to the firm. She is a dedicated, detail-oriented professional with proven progressive leadership in accounting and office management..
- Experienced Finance Manager
- Dedicated to both internal and external clients
Chief Digital Officer
James is a digital consultant specializing in agriculture, closing the knowledge gaps that are barriers for brands, agencies and publishers.
- Digital capabilities within food and agriculture.
- Knowing the latest movements in digital.
- Hands-on experience with the tools.
- Communicating clearly a highly technical field.
Zach comes from a background of brand building, art direction, design, and creative direction using cross-platform, multi-channel approaches. He has built recognized brands and campaigns. He quickly adapts, and always leads with a strong idea. He is an approachable, ego-free creative who values hard work and professionalism while maintaining a sense of humor and respect.
- Idea generation. Leads by example to consistently inspire creatives
- Exceptional design aesthetic, variations on styles, and awareness of design trends and innovation
- Strategic and conceptual leader
- Continually develops practices and processes to inspire, innovate, and harness new ways of thinking
- Creative craft skills. Sets creative direction and strategic guidance throughout projects
Chief Creative Director
Cheryl is a strategic creative leader with extensive experience in directing the development of agricultural communications in all media.
- Passionate about producing work that’s as smart as it is visually impactful.
- Seeks to inspire and challenge clients to achieve the best work possible.
- Proven record of delivering solutions that yield results.
Marketing Communications Consultant for Syngenta Seeds
Lauren is a member of the Syngenta Seed Marketing Communications team, in her role Lauren combines marketing strategy and implementation through content and media channels.
- Passionate about developing marketing strategy and go-to-market tactics
- Experience in leading impactful campaigns that improve the brand’s positioning and market share
- Loves creating marketing tools to drive sales and strengthen brand loyalty
Executive Brand Strategist
Chris is an insatiably curious and versatile strategist with a deep understanding of how to generate meaningful insights and build strong branding foundations.
- Passionate about representing the customer in the creative process and crafting communication briefs that inspire potent creative ideas.
- Ensures that brand identity and marketing messages are consistent and address business objectives.
- Equally accomplished at analyzing data and interpreting abstract marketing intel.
Business Development Manager
Blair provides the introduction of new clients and prospects to Rooster.
- Experienced sales leader and relationship builder with deep roots in agriculture.
- Strong understanding and global perspective of agriculture.
- Bold and creative thought-leader.
- Experienced in influencer marketing and relationship management.
Social Media Manager
Chandler is a social media manager and consultant specializing in agriculture.
- Social media platforms and management tools.
- Creativity through copywriting and visual intelligence.
- Developing marketing strategies through industry metrics.
- Communicating and strategic planning.
Senior Digital Strategic Manager
Suzanna has worked in the media industry for over 20 years, focusing on Digital for the last 14 years, and agricultural marketing for the last 9.
- Digital media and customer success leader with over 20 years Media and Sales experience.
- Skilled multitasker with an expert reputation for meeting strenuous deadlines in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- Empathetic customer service leader with a long track record as a customer advocate and get-it-done business partner.
Anne Marie Connelly
Senior Account Executive
As a self-proclaimed agricultural-hybrid professional, Anne Marie brings over 5 years of dynamic experience in account management and client success to her current role. By combining her love for rural America and telling a brand’s story, she enjoys planning influential campaigns that take-on a creative edge to position brands successfully in the eyes of their consumers.
- Passionate about strategic account campaign planning, management and execution
- Emphasis on successful with a defined, tactical approach
- Creative listener who enjoys interpreting client needs and delivering results
- Adaptable and team player who loves to collaborate and have a little fun doing it!
Andrea "Mo" Corless
Senior Art Director
Andrea (also known as Mo) is a senior art director with over ten years of experience in the creative industry. She values thoughtful ideas, impactful work and great people. Her skill set consists of strategic branding, campaign communications and digital design.
- Conceptual and strategic, continuously creating purposeful work.
- High standards for digital craftsmanship.
- Excellent work ethic and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about solving problems with creative solutions.
With roots in agriculture and relationship building as her greatest strength, Brooke’s passion for marketing and communications stems from hearing and telling client stories to create a long-lasting impact on the world.
- Proven ability to deliver and exceed client expectations on time and on budget.
- Experience in global, national, regional, and local brand campaigns in agri business, retail, government, and non-profit industries.
- Passionate about strategic planning and execution that tells a holistic brand story from a consumer perspective.
- Born and bred farm girl with a lifetime of agriculture exposure, from her family farm to corporate agriculture.
Andrea is a project manager specializing in event planning and trade show logistics
- Planning, organizing, and implementing logistics for trade show exhibition and special events
- Coordinating various marketing campaigns and database management
- Building strong team and client relationships
Tom retired from Monsanto as western agronomy lead. Prior to that he managed stewardship and sustainability issues at CropLife America and the American Society of Agronomy.
- Providing agronomy education from basic crop and soil management to advanced concepts like managing resistant weeds and insects
- Sustainably protecting water and soil resources using no till, cover crops, and precision tools.
- Expert in regulatory issues managing fertility in regulated watersheds like the Chesapeake Bay.
Senior Media Strategist
Ted has been working in Agricultural Media as well as Consumer Media since 1979.
- Over the past 40 years Ted has been fortunate to have worked in some capacity on every major Ag account in the US including being directly responsible for the media plans of Asgrow Corn and Soybeans, DEKALB Corn and Soybeans, Roundup/Roundup ReadyPlus/Xtend Herbicides and Traits, Deltapine Cotton, Acceleron Seed Treatment, John Deere, AGCO Equipment, AgriGold Seeds, BASF Herbicides, Bayer Wheat, Elanco Anima Health
- Both the Agency and Media side in Radio and TV
- Worked on the development of the AMR Radio Ratings currently used by every major Ag Radio account in the US
- Consumer experience with Network TV and Magazines for Meow Mix Cat Food, Dog Chow, and Puppy Chow, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen
Erin is an agricultural media professional assisting Rooster’s media team with the implementation of integrated media plans. She helps other members of the team with planning and execution.
- Passionate about agriculture
- Attention to detail using industry data to help in media research
- Sales and marketing background to ensure client success implementing their marketing plan
Chief PR Strategist
Sally is an agriculture public relations, communications and content leader with both agency and client-side experience that includes legacy brands as well as high-growth ag tech startups.
- Insight seeker who starts with why
- Strategic communicator dedicated to delivering business impact
- Client champion and loyal challenger
- Advocate of rural communities and those serving them
Senior Media Strategist
Lisa has worked in agricultural media for more than 15 years and is excited to bring her skills and experience to work for Rooster’s clients. Lisa works closely with Pat and Ted to create, implement and execute Rooster’s media functions.
- Highly skilled in analyzing, reviewing and recommending the right media.
- Strong relationships with ag media.
- Experience in both US/Canada, Crop/Livestock – companies including John Deere, Intervet (now Merck Animal Health), Dow AgroSciences (Canada), Agrotain (now Koch Agronomics Services), Alltech, Nutrien (US& Canada), Hubbard Feeds, Ridley Block Operations, and others.
Amy is a proven account leader with experience in planning and executing communications programs and tactics for established brands in the agriculture industry.
- Strategic communicator championing her rural roots
- Client-focused partner who prioritizes success
- Natural collaborator, who believes the best minds collectively reveal the best solution.
Chief Content Officer
Pauli’s career at John Deere involved work on every agricultural product line, including large and small tractors, combines, planters and drills. He retired as the company’s manager of production and precision ag communications in December, 2018. Prior to Deere, Pauli worked for the USDA Soil Conservation Service after earning a B.A. degree in public relations at Illinois State University and a Masters degree in journalism from the University of Illinois.
- Decades of experience with ag equipment and precision ag tech
- Skilled in promotional/technical/editorial writing
- Marketing and advertising plan creation
Chief Client Strategist
Karen is a marketing communications strategist focused in agriculture, working closely with clients to help them plan and implement programs that achieve their goals.
Pragmatic leader and consultant
Facilitator and team-builder
Communicator passionate about agriculture
Client advocate and partner
Chief Media Strategist
Pat is a media strategist with a passion for media and agriculture and putting the pieces of the media puzzle together to achieve a targeted integrated communication plan that always put the account’s interests first.
- Integrated media strategy to reach agricultural, rural, urban and food
- Follow and trend media usage and adoption of new outreach mediums
- Great working partnerships across all mediums with vendors
Strategic Account Director
Carrie comes to Rooster with a mix of agency and client experience. This blend of experience makes Carrie an advocate for successful client experiences and a desire for a deep understanding of the brands she is engaged with.
- Passionate about uncovering and understanding the why
- Problem solver and solution provider
- Collaborator and get it done enthusiast
Caitlin is experienced in various marketing tactics including social media management, experiential event planning, public relations and more. With a Master’s in Strategic Brand Communication, she understands the differing needs brands have to successfully connect with their consumers. Her ag experience and passion comes from being raised on her family’s Illinois Dept. of Ag Awarded Centennial Family Farm.
- Experienced in strategic branding
- Socialite that loves to use social media for storytelling
- Passionate about wordsmithing to create the perfect message
Senior Media Relations Specialist
Rachel is a skilled writer and earned media specialist who has extensive experience working with agricultural organizations and brands. Growing up on a farm in rural central Illinois, she is passionate about agricultural advocacy and building awareness around the companies and people who produce the world’s food, fiber and fuel.
- Dedicated team player and patient listener
- Detail-oriented and forward-thinking
- Loves helping clients share clear, concise and compelling stories in trade and mainstream media
Chief Project Manager
Jenny is an energetic and collaborative project manager for agriculture brands, able to oversee all phases of content production.
- 20+ years of experience
- Background in traditional, digital, print and broadcast production
- Ensures projects and deliverables are on brand, on target, on time and on budget
Director of Public Relations
David is an agricultural communications veteran with 45 years of experience in public relations, advertising and publishing.
- Specializes in crop production issues and translation of agricultural topics into compelling language for both farm and non-farm audiences.
- Heavily involved over two-and-a-half decades in Monsanto’s launch, market adoption and defense of all first- and second-generation biotech traits across cotton, soybeans and corn.
- Fluent in all crops and agricultural market segments, including weed, insect and disease control; fertilization; cotton, rice and specialty crop production; the ag retailer network; environmental issues effecting agriculture; and professional application of fertilizers and crop-protection products.
Senior Public Relations Strategist
Sara is an experienced ag communicator with a track record of developing messaging strategies that drive connection between clients and their audiences.
- Adept at making technical subjects relatable and conversational
- Skilled at finding the “why” and building clarity in complex subject matter
- Loves telling the stories that impact agriculture and the rural communities in which the industry thrives
Mike is an art director with 17 years of experience, ten of which have been in agricultural communications. He has a passion for bringing concepts to life and strives to take ideas to the next level.
- Skilled creative designer
- Focused on how the creative can help achieve results
- Thrives on a collaborative process
- Lover of art