Rooster Strategic Solutions, LLC, is a boutique consultancy focused on marketing strategy. We work with a number of large advertisers, publications, retailers and farmers to help our clients meet their strategic goals.
Want to join our team? Check out our current openings.
Josh is a consultant and marketer specializing in agricultural issues, production, policy and sustainability.
- Helping clients be competitive & successful.
- Developing products & tools that engage.
- Working with clients to use data to fuel strategy.
- Anticipatory Thinking/Flash Foresight
Accounting veteran Sheryl Andrews joins Rooster as finance manager and brings 30 years of experience – 15 of them in agriculture – to the firm. She is a dedicated, detail-oriented professional with proven progressive leadership in accounting and office management..
- Experienced Finance Manager
- Dedicated to both internal and external clients
Chief Digital Officer
James is a digital consultant specializing in agriculture, closing the knowledge gaps that are barriers for brands, agencies and publishers.
- Digital capabilities within food and agriculture.
- Knowing the latest movements in digital.
- Hands-on experience with the tools.
- Communicating clearly a highly technical field.
Chief Creative Director
Cheryl is a strategic creative leader with extensive experience in directing the development of agricultural communications in all media.
- Passionate about producing work that’s as smart as it is visually impactful.
- Seeks to inspire and challenge clients to achieve the best work possible.
- Proven record of delivering solutions that yield results.
Executive Brand Strategist
Chris is an insatiably curious and versatile strategist with a deep understanding of how to generate meaningful insights and build strong branding foundations.
- Passionate about representing the customer in the creative process and crafting communication briefs that inspire potent creative ideas.
- Ensures that brand identity and marketing messages are consistent and address business objectives.
- Equally accomplished at analyzing data and interpreting abstract marketing intel.
Business Development Manager
Blair provides the introduction of new clients and prospects to Rooster.
- Experienced sales leader and relationship builder with deep roots in agriculture.
- Strong understanding and global perspective of agriculture.
- Bold and creative thought-leader.
- Experienced in influencer marketing and relationship management.
Senior Digital Strategic Manager
Suzanna has worked in the media industry for over 20 years, focusing on Digital for the last 14 years, and agricultural marketing for the last 9.
- Digital media and customer success leader with over 20 years Media and Sales experience.
- Skilled multitasker with an expert reputation for meeting strenuous deadlines in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
- Empathetic customer service leader with a long track record as a customer advocate and get-it-done business partner.
With roots in agriculture and relationship building as her greatest strength, Brooke’s passion for marketing and communications stems from hearing and telling client stories to create a long-lasting impact on the world.
- Proven ability to deliver and exceed client expectations on time and on budget.
- Experience in global, national, regional, and local brand campaigns in agri business, retail, government, and non-profit industries.
- Passionate about strategic planning and execution that tells a holistic brand story from a consumer perspective.
- Born and bred farm girl with a lifetime of agriculture exposure, from her family farm to corporate agriculture.
Andrea "Mo" Corless
Senior Art Director
Andrea (also known as Mo) is a senior art director with over ten years of experience in the creative industry. She values thoughtful ideas, impactful work and great people. Her skill set consists of strategic branding, campaign communications and digital design.
- Conceptual and strategic, continuously creating purposeful work.
- High standards for digital craftsmanship.
- Excellent work ethic and strong communication skills.
- Passionate about solving problems with creative solutions.
Video and Digital Production Director
Eric is an award-winning video producer who has travelled around the world covering agricultural content.
- Expert visual storyteller experienced in commercials, corporate marketing, and social content.
- Continually researches new technology and trends for video production.
- Believes in a creative collaboration across all visual and audio mediums.
Senior Account Executive
Laura leads solution development efforts to achieve client’s business, marketing, and communication objectives.
- A problem solver by nature, with a knack for thinking outside the box
- Excels at building relationships and finding simple, concise ways to communicate
- Has a passion for agriculture fostered from growing up and living on her family’s Centennial farm
Andrea is a project manager specializing in event planning and trade show logistics
- Planning, organizing, and implementing logistics for trade show exhibition and special events
- Coordinating various marketing campaigns and database management
- Building strong team and client relationships
Tom retired from Monsanto as western agronomy lead. Prior to that he managed stewardship and sustainability issues at CropLife America and the American Society of Agronomy.
- Providing agronomy education from basic crop and soil management to advanced concepts like managing resistant weeds and insects
- Sustainably protecting water and soil resources using no till, cover crops, and precision tools.
- Expert in regulatory issues managing fertility in regulated watersheds like the Chesapeake Bay.
Senior Media Strategist
Ted has been working in Agricultural Media as well as Consumer Media since 1979.
- Over the past 40 years Ted has been fortunate to have worked in some capacity on every major Ag account in the US including being directly responsible for the media plans of Asgrow Corn and Soybeans, DEKALB Corn and Soybeans, Roundup/Roundup ReadyPlus/Xtend Herbicides and Traits, Deltapine Cotton, Acceleron Seed Treatment, John Deere, AGCO Equipment, AgriGold Seeds, BASF Herbicides, Bayer Wheat, Elanco Animal Health
- Both the Agency and Media side in Radio and TV
- Worked on the development of the AMR Radio Ratings currently used by every major Ag Radio account in the US
- Consumer experience with Network TV and Magazines for Meow Mix Cat Food, Dog Chow, and Puppy Chow, Taco Bell, Dairy Queen
Senior Digital Marketing Manager
Megan is a senior digital marketing manager with over 12 years experience in project management, social media management, paid social media advertising and strategic planning.
- Passionate about data storytelling.
- Detail-oriented and analytic.
- Continually researching the latest trends in digital.
Senior Media Manager
Elaine brings to Rooster over 30 years of media experience including 20 years focused on agricultural media.
- Experienced in all forms of media in both US and Canada.
- Skilled in all media functions from planning, buying, implementing to tracking and analyzing
- Focuses on getting the best solution for the client through collaborative relationships with media partners.
Chief PR Strategist
Sally is an agriculture public relations, communications and content leader with both agency and client-side experience that includes legacy brands as well as high-growth ag tech startups.
- Insight seeker who starts with why
- Strategic communicator dedicated to delivering business impact
- Client champion and loyal challenger
- Advocate of rural communities and those serving them
Senior Media Strategist
Lisa has worked in agricultural media for more than 15 years and is excited to bring her skills and experience to work for Rooster’s clients. Lisa works closely with Pat and Ted to create, implement and execute Rooster’s media functions.
- Highly skilled in analyzing, reviewing and recommending the right media.
- Strong relationships with ag media.
- Experience in both US/Canada, Crop/Livestock – companies including John Deere, Intervet (now Merck Animal Health), Dow AgroSciences (Canada), Agrotain (now Koch Agronomics Services), Alltech, Nutrien (US& Canada), Hubbard Feeds, Ridley Block Operations, and others.
Amy is a proven account leader with experience in planning and executing communications programs and tactics for established brands in the agriculture industry.
- Strategic communicator championing her rural roots
- Client-focused partner who prioritizes success
- Natural collaborator, who believes the best minds collectively reveal the best solution.
Chief Content Officer
Pauli’s career at John Deere involved work on every agricultural product line, including large and small tractors, combines, planters and drills. He retired as the company’s manager of production and precision ag communications in December, 2018. Prior to Deere, Pauli worked for the USDA Soil Conservation Service after earning a B.A. degree in public relations at Illinois State University and a Masters degree in journalism from the University of Illinois.
- Decades of experience with ag equipment and precision ag tech
- Skilled in promotional/technical/editorial writing
- Marketing and advertising plan creation
Chief Client Strategist
Karen is a marketing communications strategist focused in agriculture, working closely with clients to help them plan and implement programs that achieve their goals.
Pragmatic leader and consultant
Facilitator and team-builder
Communicator passionate about agriculture
Client advocate and partner
Production Studio Director
Brenda has twenty-five years of experience in the creative industry with an emphasis in agriculture and animal health.
- Passionate about design and all arts visual
- Trusted creative collaborator with a can-do attitude
- Meticulously focused on high quality print and digital production
Chief Media Strategist
Pat is a media strategist with a passion for media and agriculture and putting the pieces of the media puzzle together to achieve a targeted integrated communication plan that always put the account’s interests first.
- Integrated media strategy to reach agricultural, rural, urban and food
- Follow and trend media usage and adoption of new outreach mediums
- Great working partnerships across all mediums with vendors
Media Relations Manager
Jenny uses her creative talents and farming background to be a fierce advocate for agriculture. She thrives on working in the agriculture industry and building communication efforts that highlight rural life and keep farmers farming.
- Rural roots in grain and livestock fuel her passion
- Detail-oriented, enthusiastic, and organized nature
- Creates purposeful messaging to share the story of agriculture
Strategic Account Director
Carrie comes to Rooster with a mix of agency and client experience. This blend of experience makes Carrie an advocate for successful client experiences and a desire for a deep understanding of the brands she is engaged with.
- Passionate about uncovering and understanding the why
- Problem solver and solution provider
- Collaborator and get it done enthusiast
Senior Media Relations Specialist
Rachel is a skilled writer and earned media specialist who has extensive experience working with agricultural organizations and brands. Growing up on a farm in rural central Illinois, she is passionate about agricultural advocacy and building awareness around the companies and people who produce the world’s food, fiber and fuel.
- Dedicated team player and patient listener
- Detail-oriented and forward-thinking
- Loves helping clients share clear, concise and compelling stories in trade and mainstream media
Chief Project Manager
Jenny is an energetic and collaborative project manager for agriculture brands, able to oversee all phases of content production.
- 20+ years of experience
- Background in traditional, digital, print and broadcast production
- Ensures projects and deliverables are on brand, on target, on time and on budget
Senior Public Relations Advisor
David is an agricultural communications veteran with 45 years of experience in public relations, advertising and publishing.
- Specializes in crop production issues and translation of agricultural topics into compelling language for both farm and non-farm audiences.
- Heavily involved over two-and-a-half decades in Monsanto’s launch, market adoption and defense of all first- and second-generation biotech traits across cotton, soybeans and corn.
- Fluent in all crops and agricultural market segments, including weed, insect and disease control; fertilization; cotton, rice and specialty crop production; the ag retailer network; environmental issues effecting agriculture; and professional application of fertilizers and crop-protection products.
Senior Public Relations Strategist
Sara is an experienced ag communicator with a track record of developing messaging strategies that drive connection between clients and their audiences.
- Adept at making technical subjects relatable and conversational
- Skilled at finding the “why” and building clarity in complex subject matter
- Loves telling the stories that impact agriculture and the rural communities in which the industry thrives
Mike is an art director with 17 years of experience, ten of which have been in agricultural communications. He has a passion for bringing concepts to life and strives to take ideas to the next level.
- Skilled creative designer
- Focused on how the creative can help achieve results
- Thrives on a collaborative process
- Lover of art
Nikki brings 13+ years of media and accounting experience in the agriculture advertising industry. Nikki is experienced in the media planning and buying process as well as media partnership collaborations. Her knowledge in accounting also brings an extra layer to her abilities in media buying and reconciliation.
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- Innate need to help others succeed
- Strong communications skills and relationship building
- Enjoys process and completing things from start to finish
Rooster is a strategic marketing company that solves client problems before they become problems.