The quarantine era has been marked by a serious increase in social media usage. TikTok added almost two thirds more users in just a couple of months. Facebook usage jumped 27 percent. Time spent on social is up 9 percent. Social is also the third most-used platform for learning about the Coronavirus.
We are witnessing a social media explosion during a time of social distancing. The beauty of this time from a marketing standpoint can be learned through the metrics: Overall usage and adoption and whether the platforms can hold onto the new users.
Even if there is heavy attrition afterward, we know social plays a role in society. But each platform seems to be playing a specific role.
- Facebook: Connectivity with friends and family .. and their shared thoughts on the latest news.
- Twitter: As an agent for news, opinions and open vitriol.
- YouTube and TikTok: As entertainment vehicles.
- Instagram/Pinterest: A place to inspire with ideas.
- LinkedIn: Mostly to recruit or job seek, but also to lead and mentor.
The puzzle pieces have somewhat fallen into place. And the number of pieces to the puzzle are growing substantially.
Click this link for the full report: https://conta.cc/2xRVzST